The return of school means the return of all sorts of after-school activities. Here's a list of 10 things your kids can get involved in locally for fun, for supervision, or to supplement what they're doing in school.
1. Sign up for martial arts. Three Village has several martial arts studios, including , , the Japan Karate Association of Stony Brook, and .
2. The is well-known among parents for having great after-school activities for kids and teens. Some library programs offer as well.
3. You can sign your kids up for dance lessons at one of several local academies: Chance to Dance, , and are a few that come to mind in Three Village.
4. Sign up for a gymnastics class at in Setauket.
5. Try out for the Three Village Swim Club at a tryout session that is typically held the second week in September. For more information, visit the TVSC website.
6. Is there an aspiring young actor or actress in your household? Consider joining Productions Over the Rainbow, a local theater company that offers kids' classes in fall, spring and summer sessions. Visit their website for more information.
7. If your child loves art, consider stopping by Michael's in Stony Brook, where kids can participate in art projects led by staff members on a daily and weekly basis. The full schedule of events will be available in stores.
8. Registration for youth soccer via the Three Village Soccer Club is ongoing. For more information, visit the Three Village Soccer Club's website.
9. Kids ages 12 and up can sign up for any of the general knitting classes at Rumpelstiltskin Yarns, which has locations in Stony Brook and Sayville.