This week at Stony Brook University is chock full of performances, along with a women's lacrosse game and a cultural exhibit. Which will you attend?
1. Check out the exhibit Singgalot: The Ties that Bind, chronicling the lives and culture of Filipinos and Filipino-Americans, which is on display at the Wang Center until April 22.
2. The Stony Brook women's lacrosse team – which is having a breakout season under new head coach Joe Spallina – will take on Yale on Wednesday at 5 p.m. at .
3. The hereandnow theatre company will present its show "New Traditions," a performance that incorporates music, dance and personal narratives, at 7 p.m. on Thursday at the Wang Center. Tickets are $10-$35.
4. The Grammy-award winning jazz vocal ensemble New York Voices will present a performance on Saturday at 8 p.m. at the .
5. This weekend, Stony Brook Opera will present Mozart’s Die Entführung aus dem Serail, which tells the story of a Spanish nobleman and his servant who must rescue their sweethearts, who have been imprisoned in a Turkish harem. Showtimes are Friday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Staller Center.