Brookhaven voters didn't expect they'd be voting for town supervisor in November, but the abrupt resignation by Democrat Mark Lesko who chose to run a nonprofit think-tank, Accelerate Long Island, has forced the vote.
Brookhaven is Long Island's largest town by area and its second largest by population. As a result of that, demographics can be widely different depending where in town you are focusing on.
The town had for decades been a Republican stronghold until Democrat Brian X. Foley won the supervisor race in 2005. Lesko succeeded him.
- Romaine Officially Kicks Off Campaign for Brookhaven Town Supe
- Romaine Earns GOP Nod in Brookhaven Supe Race
- Dems Nominate Beedenbender to Follow Lesko
- Lesko: I Won't Seek Public Office Again
- Brookhaven Supervisor Lesko Resigns