The Suffolk County Police Department reported the following incidents between Jan. 5 and Jan. 11:
- Damage to a police speed sign was discovered at noon on Jan. 8 on Sheep Pasture Road in East Setauket.
- A resident of Cornell Court in Setauket reported Jan. 5 that someone had punctured two tires on a vehicle sometime between 10 p.m. on Jan. 4 and 9 a.m. on Jan. 5.
- A resident of Stony Road in Stony Brook reported Jan. 5 that someone drove onto his property, damaged a fence and shrubbery, then drove away at approximately 11:35 a.m.
- A resident of Marwood Place in Stony Brook reported Jan. 11 that a mailbox on the property was damaged at approximately 1:15 a.m.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Suffolk County Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- Jeffrey Hall, 29, of Port Jefferson, was arrested Jan. 11 on Limroy Lane in Setauket at 12:35 a.m. Police said he was driving at 65 miles per hour in a 40-miles-per-hour zone and charged him with first-offense DWI, a misdemeanor.
- Christopher Porter, 32, of South Setauket, was arrested Jan. 5 in Setauket at 1:50 p.m. at the corner at Longbow Lane and Bear Lane in South Setauket. Police said he was sitting in a vehicle in possession of crack cocaine, and charged him with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.