On Monday morning – more than 48 hours after the heaviest of the snow began to fall – Three Village Patch posed the is-your-street-plowed-yet question on Facebook.
Here's what we got for the unplowed roads, as of 9:30 a.m.:
- Woodfield Rd. in Stony Brook
- "O Section" in Stony Brook
- Long Hill neighborhood in Stony Brook
- Cooper Ct. and Quaker Ridge neighborhood in Stony Brook
- Huyler Rd. in Stony Brook
- Davidia Ln. in Stony Brook
- Hollow Ct. in East Setauket
- Flagpole Ln. in East Setauket
- Wests Rd. in East Setauket
- Locust Manor Ct. in East Setauket
- Woodhull Rd. in East Setauket
- Bayview Ave. in East Setauket
- Kenwood Street in East Setauket
- Surrey Ln. in East Setauket
- Hancock Ct., Pondfield Crossing Development in South Setauket
- Fawn Ln. East in South Setauket
- Grace Ln. in South Setauket
- Tyburn Ln. in South Setauket
- Teaberry Ct. in South Setauket
Residents continued to express their frustrations with the lack assistance from Brookhaven Town.
"Plows came around and did my development in Saturday but skipped all the dead end streets. The residents on our street all went out and tried clearing it our selves," Jeanette Ferraro-Heller said.
"No sign of any plow trucks on Harbor Hill Rd at all during and after the blizzard. If it wasn't for our own initiative, we would still be house-bound!" said Monica Aston, whose husband Jeff along with neighbors Tommy Hoffman and Ron Klem used snow blowers to clear their whole street, Harbor Hill Road, on Sunday.
Is your street still covered in snow? Log in to Patch and add yours as a comment below.