There's no shortage of things to do during the weekends in Three Village, especially during the summertime. Here are a few ideas to take with you as you start your weekend.
1. The Stony Brook Film Festival is still in progress, so you still have a few chances to catch a great film. Friday features a 7 p.m. documentary, "Side by Side," and a 9:30 p.m. comedy, "Le Skylab." Saturday's closing film is "The Day I Saw Your Heart" at 8:30 p.m., followed by a closing night party (admission $20–$25).
2. The 's Discovery Cruise will sail on Friday at 6:45 p.m. – a sunset cruise. Call 631-751-2244 for reservations.
3. This weekend is the last weekend to catch the at Gallery North. Gallery hours are Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
4. On Saturday, head down to West Meadow Beach for a family-friendly, led by environmentalist Eileen Gerle. Reservations required for this free event; call 631-751-7863.
5. For the 21-and-over crowd, 86'd Records is throwing a on Saturday. The BBQ starts at 4 p.m.; the music, 6 p.m. Head down to the Checkmate Inn for the party; cover charge $5.
6. Outdoor music lineup:
- – Backporch Concert Series – Friday night, 5 p.m., featuring Claudia Jacobs. $6–$7.
- – Concerts on the Green – Sunday night, 7 p.m., featuring The New York Exceptions. Free.