Many events have been canceled or postponed this weekend due to the effects of the recent storms, such as Cabaret Night at Murphy Junior High, the Harvest Moon Raffle event at St. James Church, and the annual Setauket Fire Department basket raffle. But there are a few things you can still do this weekend.
Live Music & Entertainment
- Geoff Muldaur and Beaucoup Blue visit The University Cafe at Stony Brook University's Student Union on Sunday in a 2 p.m. "Afternoon of Blues" that's open to the public. Tickets are $22.
- Check out the Staller Center, which has a "Starry Nights" concert on Friday night at 8 p.m. ($34) and "Donka: A Letter to Chekhov" on Saturday night at 8 p.m. ($38).
- Support the Ward Melville football, soccer, and field hockey teams on Friday and Saturday in their playoff games. Schedule here.
- Take a stroll down the Greenway Trail, which didn't suffer much damage in Hurricane Sandy. The trail is passable according to volunteers who surveyed the damage earlier this week.
- Check out the weekly parent-toddler workshop for ages 18 months through 3-1/2 years at Emma S. Clark Memorial Library on Saturday: one at 9:30 a.m. and one at 11 a.m. (registration required).
- Enjoy the annual Setauket Artists' Exhibition at the Setauket Neighborhood House, or the Christian White solo show at Gallery North.