According to LIPA officials, work being performed Friday within the Terryville and Port Jefferson Station substations has translated to power restorations – or close to it – for residents in the Three Village area.
From LIPA sources, the work in the Terryville substation included:
- 100 line and tree men are working in Terryville, Centereach, South Setauket, Stony Brook, North Centereach;
- Line crews with tree trim support continue to work the “S” section of Stony Brook. Should be completed by Friday afternoon;
- Line crews also doing primary work on Cornelius and Washington in South Setauket. Also doing pole installations, secondary and house services. Should also be completed Friday afternoon.
- Low voltage crews working service restoration around Terryville, Setauket, Stony Brook, Centereach, and North Centereach.
- Final primary work in the “M” section is underway. Hopefully done by close of business today if not tomorrow.
- The “B” section of Stony Brook started Friday this afternoon. Should be completed Saturday;
- South Setauket primary work near Boyle road is underway and was expected to be completed Friday;
- Tree trim crews clearing limb where support is needed.
From LIPA sources, the work in the Port Jefferson Station substation included:
- 110+ line and tree trim crews worked today on restoration in Old Field, Port Jefferson, Port Jefferson Station, Poquott, Strong's Neck, Belle Terre and northern Stony Brook (north of Route 25A).
- Restoration is substantially complete in Poquott.
- Restoration is substantially complete in Belle Terre.
- Restoration is substantially complete in Strong’s Neck.
- Restoration is complete on on/near California Rd. and Glenwood Lane in East Setauket.
- Restoration is sustainably complete on the eastern and western peninsulas of Old Field. Line crews are working to restore service on Flax Pond Rd. today.
- Line crews with tree trim support are working just south of Ridgeway in Stony Brook to restore service on/near Glenwater Rd., South Gate and West Meadow Rd., West Road, Dodge Lane, North road, Hillside Rd, Path rd, Indian Path Rd, Highwood Rd, Southgate Rd, Market Path, Cricket Hollow Rd., Coraway Rd, Black Duck Rd.
- Line crews will also continue work to restore any individual outages remaining in this service territory.
"I'm glad more of our residents are now out of the dark and cold that for too many nights their families have been suffering through," said Brookhaven town councilman Steve Fiore-Rosenfeld, who provided the updates to Patch via email.
"I'm grateful LIPA and their enhanced staff, which includes out-of-state utility workers, are continuing the job nearly round the clock to get our community back online," he said. "I know they won't let up until everyone has power."