The Festival of Lights in the Jewish faith begins at sundown on Saturday. Where can you find candles and other supplies locally? Here are a few ideas.
1. Chabad at Stony Brook offers supplies such as menorahs, candles, children's books and games, and more. Click here for Chabad's online store.
2. Whole Foods in Lake Grove has a wide selection of candles as well as dreidels.
3. CVS in East Setauket and Port Jefferson typically carry candles, menorahs, and decorations.
4. Party City in Stony Brook offers Hanukkah decorations.
5. North Shore Jewish Center offers a Judaica gift shop that is open on Sunday mornings or by appointment.
6. HomeGoods in Port Jefferson Station also carries Hanukkah party supplies.
7. Pattern Finders on East Main Street in Port Jefferson has both vintage and new menorahs for sale and other items for the holiday. They also have free holiday packaging for Hanukkah.
8. Gallery North in Setauket has hand crafted Menorahs, candles, shabbat candle holders, decorations, and more.