It's the middle of winter, and what to do? Here are a few suggestions for weekend fun in and around town between Friday and Sunday.
1. Make Friday night family movie night – for free. Check out the free showing of the film A Dolphin Tale at on Friday at 6 p.m.
2. Does your heart desire canine companionship? Saturday is . Facilitated by Last Chance Animal Rescue, there will be both puppies and adult doggies up for adoption.
3. For fans of the Metropolitan Opera, catch a live broadcast of the opera at 1 p.m. at the Staller Center.
4. A new show has opened up at in nearby Port Jefferson: , a Pulitzer-winning work.
5. Still looking for something to do? Check out our series of featuring more than 50 ideas so far for stuff to do in town.