There are plenty of ways to enjoy a long holiday weekend in Stony Brook and the Setaukets, but just in case you need some ideas, we've got a few in mind.
1. You can view lovely gardens – indoors? Check out the latest exhibit at , featuring artists who "capture the essence of what they see in everyday gardens." Gallery North is open on Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sundays from noon to 5 p.m.
2. The 's Discovery Cruise is back, now through October. The water and wetlands tour will sail this weekend from Friday through Monday. Click here for the complete May schedule.
3. On Saturday at two sessions of parent-toddler workshops are available for families and their toddlers, ages 18 months to 3-1/2 years: one at 9:30 a.m. and one at 11 a.m.
4. The "summer blockbuster" movie season is already in full swing. Check out movie times for the movie theater at Moviefone.com.
5. Who can forget the annual Memorial Day parade down Main Street on Monday at 11 a.m.? Click here for a map of the parade route from the Three Village Historical Society.