- Robert Hofbauer, 26, of Ronkonkoma, was arrested Aug. 29 in Smithtown on multiple charges of second-degree burglary from a dwelling, third-degree robbery, and fourth-degree grand larceny. According to police, Hofbauer went on a crime spree, allegedly committing six crimes between Aug. 19 and Aug. 28. Among the property he allegedly took: credit cards, cash, jewelry, a lawn mower, a lawn trimmer, a portable air compressor, assorted electronics and more.
- Michael Estivo, 21, of Smithtown, was arrested on Aug. 29 at 2:17 a.m. in Smithtown on charges of fifth degree criminal possession of stolen property and resisting arrest. Reports state Estivo was arrested on Birchbrook Drive while in possession of glass bottles of LandShark Lager that were allegedly stolen from Walgreens on Main Street in Smithtown. Reports also state Estivo refused to place his hands behind his back for officers to handcuff him.
- Jonathan Lyed, 23, Coram was arrested at about 12:10 p.m. on Aug. 27 in Port Jefferson and charged with harassment. According to police, Lyed was a patient at Mather Hospital on North Country Road when he allegedly made a verbal threat and attempted to attack a nurse. Lyed was restrained until police arrived.
- Andrew Manolakis, 26, of Port Jefferson Station, was arrested at 9:20 a.m. on Aug. 26 at Old Town Road and Continental Road in Port Jefferson Station and charged with DWI. Police say that Manolakis was driving on Old Town Road and failed to maintain a lane and crashed into a bicyclist. No information is available on the bicyclist’s condition.
- Michael Keenan, 50, of Port Jefferson Station, was arrested at 11 p.m. on Sept. 1 in Port Jefferson Station and charged with burglary. Keenan allegedly robbed another apartment on State Street where he resides. Police say he took items including a television.
- Christian Palma, 37, of Port Jefferson Station, was arrested at about 10:15 p.m. on Aug. 27 in Selden and charged with menacing and resisting arrest. Palma allegedly approached another person with a clenched fist and made a verbal threat at a shopping center on Middle Country Road.