- John Desthers, 38, of Smithtown, was arrested on Jan. 8 in Smithtown on a charge of third-degree assault with intent to cause physical injury, a misdemeanor. Reports state Desthers exited his car and punched a person in another car while stopped at a traffic signal at the intersection of Route 25 and Edgewood Avenue at 4 p.m.
- Martin Wroblewski, 32, of Lindenhurst, was arrested on Jan. 7 in Smithtown on a fourth-degree grand larceny charge, a felony. Police said Wroblewski stole a credit card.
- Zearl Simmelkjaer, 50, of the Bronx, was arrested on Jan. 11 in Hauppauge on third-degree robbery charges, a felony. Reports state Simmelkjaer was arrested in Hauppauge after an incident that took place on Middle Country Road in St. James at 1:14 p.m. where he reached into a red Honda, punched the driver several times and stole a hand-held computer.
- Jasmine Kelly, 18, of New York, was arrested and charged on Jan.10 with third-degree grand larceny, a felony, in Commack. Police said Kelly attempted to steal merchandise from the Commack Target at 98 Veterans Memorial Hwy.
- Michael Vidal, 27, of Flushing, was arrested and charged on Jan. 8 with fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony, in Commack. Police said Vidal was charged with stealing a foam mat and wire from the Commack Home Depot located at 65 Crooked Hill Rd.
- Steven Wienckowski, 46, of Sound Beach, was arrested Jan. 7 in Hauppauge and charged with fourth-degree insurance fraud, a felony. Wienckowski allegedly lied about his work status and received work wages while he was also collecting unemployment.
Editor's note: This report previously stated that a man was shot on the leg on Wilson Avenue in Port Jefferson. Police told Patch that there was an error in the reporting, and that the incident occurred in Centereach.