Three Village has a lot to offer – but let's face it, there are a few things lacking in this community. You may know our series "100 Things to Do in Three Village" – but here's a list of five things you can't do.
1. Go for a swim in an outdoor public pool. Sure, there's West Meadow Beach, but what if you're not a beach person? If you don't have a pool in your own backyard, you're out of luck.
2. Drive down Nesconset Highway without hitting traffic. It seems like no matter what time of day you're trying to get to work, school, or wherever you've got to go, Nesconset Highway is purely frustrating.
3. Talk on your cell phone anywhere near the shoreline. Ever try making a call while strolling through Stony Brook Village Center or lounging at West Meadow Beach? Yeah, you can try, but you're not going to have much luck.
4. Get decent Spanish or Mexican food. You've got your pick of Indian, Italian, French, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai food, but really good, authentic Spanish and Mexican? You've got to leave Three Village to do so.
5. Take a walk on Old Town Road without fearing for your life. Many of the streets in Three Village don't actually have sidewalks, much to the disappointment of many families living alongside Old Town Road and others in town.