This week there are a number of available houses for great family homes for those on a budget. If a three-bedroom ranch is what is on your mind for you and your family, take a look at this open house at 4 Spencer Lane, Stony Brook, which is listed for $419,000.
This home features a combined living and dining room, a family room with a fireplace, and central air conditioning. The seller has updated the eat-in kitchen with maple cabinets, and has also updated the two bathrooms in the home. For families with older children or lots of drivers in the house, there is a two-car garage as well as a large paved driveway.
Come to the open house this Sunday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. to get a tour from Cindy Mantione and Thomas Scala of Coach Real Estate of Smithtown.
Here are some more open houses in and around Three Village this weekend:
Saturday, August 13
- 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.: 124 Sycamore Circle, Stony Brook, $399,000 - $409,000. Four-bedroom 2.5-bathroom colonial with formal dining room, oversized Florida room, backyard deck with fire pit, large fenced backyard, and two storage sheds. Contact Lisa Jaeger and Lauren Blackburn at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate of East Setauket.
Sunday, August 14
- 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: 18 Parsonage Road, East Setauket, $399,000. Four-bedroom, two-bathroom hi ranch on a cul-de-sac with an eat-in kitchen with custom cherry cabinets, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances, as well as hardwood floors, a new roof and siding, two new baths, and Anderson windows. Contact Edward Figueroa at Pristine Properties EF of Miller Place.
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.: 19 William Penn Drive, Stony Brook, $554,900. Four-bedroom, two-bathroom Cape with granite and stainless steel eat-in kitchen, wood floors throughout, open floor plan, spacious living room, new roof and cesspool, central air conditioning, and custom moldings. Contact Stephanie Hindman at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate of East Setauket.
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.: 15 Herd Lane, East Setauket, $319,999. Three-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom hi ranch with a new designer bath, new cesspool, formal dining room, rear deck, park-like backyard, and enclosed hot tub room. Contact Robert Ceroni Jr. at Coldwell Banker Residential of East Setauket.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.: 11 Bentley Lane, Stony Brook, $374,990. Three-bedroom, two-bathroom ranch with updated kitchen with new stainless steel appliances, laminate flooring in kitchen and hallway, new carpeting, large rooms, and updated tilt-in windows. Contact Denise Calderone at Landmark Realty of LI of Wading River.
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: 4 Hessian Court, South Setauket, $649,000. Four-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom colonial on a cul-de-sac with an open floor plan, granite surfaces, wood floors, fenced and landscaped yard, and a wraparound front porch. Contact Frances Gates at Virginia A. O. Dwyer Real Estate of Stony Brook.
- 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: 12 Cedar Drive, Stony Brook, $529,900. Two-bedroom, three-bathroom farm ranch with eat-in kitchen with new stainless steel appliances, living room with fireplace, master bedroom suite, potential in-law apartment with kitchen and laundry, central air conditioning, and a 2.5-car garage. Contact Judith Buckridge at Century 21 North End Realty of Saint James.
1 Norris Lane in Setauket closed on July 22 with a price tag of $677,500. This five-bedroom, three-bathroom colonial on a cul-de-sac with wood floors, a fireplace, Blueston patio, and full unfinished basement. This property was sold by Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty of Stony Brook.
“Our real estate marketplace is currently mired in fear; fear paralyzing buyers who have always been taught that a home is a great investment with guaranteed appreciation, fear of sellers that they're "giving their home away," fear of lenders who have done a full 180-degree turn in their financing practices, and even fear on the part of real estate professionals that the rules, technology, and protocols have changed too quickly for them to adapt. After all, data on listings is readily available to all interested parties, and "googling" sellers can reveal information about job relocation or other life events catalyzing their sale. Many great purchasing opportunities right here in Three Village have created buyer reticence and confusion. Instead of prioritizing lifestyle and home, buyers have focused on the fear of obtaining a physical asset with no guarantee of future growth.
This "fear" resonates through our entire economy. When faith is restored in our Government, when the job market looks rosier (as it will), and when our people can separate reality from irrationality, normalcy will return to the marketplace, and ‘double dip’ will again refer to ice cream cones.”
-Vic Amoroso of Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty of Stony Brook