With a long weekend around the corner, it's time again to brush the dust off some other people's old stuff and hit some local yard sales. Here are a few going on in the area. Holding one of your own? Let us know in the comments.
As a courtesy to those hosting the yard sales, please do not arrive before the listed start time.
44 Hawkins Rd., Stony Brook
- Day/time: Saturday, Sunday, 8 a.m. start
- Details: "Mega multi-family yard sale." Antiques, furniture, jewelry, and more.
261 Grant Ave., St. James
- Day/time: Saturday, Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Details: Vintage and retro items for sale.
20 Nadine Ln., Port Jefferson Station
- Day/time: Friday, Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Details: "Grandma kept everything sale." Estate sale.
48 Rush St., Port Jefferson Station
- Day/time: Sunday, Monday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Details: Multi-family yard sale. Furniture, knick-knacks, perfume, and more.
73 Morton St., Port Jefferson Station
- Day/time: Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Details: Early birds welcome at this "ultra mega yard sale," but encouraged to bring a cup of coffee or a donut.
100 Barraud Dr., Port Jefferson Station
- Day/time: Friday, noon - 5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Details: Bedroom sets, holiday items, toys