In the spirit of the season of giving, when you've been invited to an evening at a friend's house, why not bring a gift for the host or hostess? In addition to the Stony Brook Village Center, there are a number of nearby places at which you'll find interesting gift ideas.
1. in the Stony Brook Village Center has an assortment of fine gifts, all of which are fair trade certified – so your gift purchase supports a good cause, too.
2. in Stony Brook Village Center is also a sweet spot for gift shopping.
3. , located in nearby Port Jefferson, has an eclectic mix of gift items that will do the trick.
4. Also in Port Jefferson, offers gift items with an eco-friendly twist.
5. There's still time to shop online. Local merchant Eco Chic Hand Knits has an Etsy shop where you can find useful and unique handmade gifts.
6. , located in the Stony Brook Village Center, has plenty of items worthy of a hostess gift.
7. , a newcomer to the Stony Brook Village Center, carries quite a selection of olive oils and balsamic vinegars that your host or hostess may appreciate.
8. For the host or hostess who appreciates a nice cup of tea, stop by for gift ideas.
9. in East Setauket offers a selection of home accent items perfect for the meticulous hostess.
10. For the shopper on a budget, in Port Jefferson Station is always a fun place to shop.