1. Films, films and more filims! Stony Brook Film Festival rolls on this week through Friday. Wondering what's playing each day? Check back with Three Village Patch as the week goes on to see what's playing when. Or check out our events calendar if you want to get a head start.
2. Calling all Mets fans...Emma S. Clark Memorial Library is holding a from 1 to 7 p.m. All donors get two free tickets to a New York Mets game.
3. Wednesday marks the Feast of St. James, and the St. James Players - a new local theater troupe - will perform in celebration. The one-time show starts at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free!
4. Wednesday also marks the final class of the first session in , a hands-on workshop at Gallery North that meets a few times each month. August's classes start up Aug. 8, continuing for the following two weeks. Courses are $75 per day or $205 for the three-day session.
5. If you're in the mood for a nice bite to eat - or several bites - drop by . The three-house event starting at 6 p.m. will feature tastes of the top restaurants and cafés in the area. Admission is $50, and the event will be held at the Holiday Inn Express.