Among a wide variety of events taking place this weekend in town, here are a few standout events you might want to check out:
- From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday at Sweetleaf Boutique, enjoy a fundraising sale to benefit Walk for Beauty. The store (244 Main St., East Setauket) will be offering discounts and donating 15 percent of sales to the cause.
- On Sunday, take part in the annual Soles for All Souls race/walk in Stony Brook village to benefit All Souls Church. Start time: 9:30 a.m.
Fine Arts & Exhibits
- "Beyond the Horizon: The Landscapes of Terence Netter" is the newest exhibit at Gallery North. Netter, the former director of the Staller Center for the Arts at Stony Brook, is a longtime educator and artist. There wil be an opening reception Friday at 5 p.m.
- "Journey of an Artist: Joseph Reboli" continues at the Ward Melville Heritage Organization's Educational & Cultural Center.
- "Long Island: America's 1950s Frontier" continues at the Long Island Museum.
Sports & Recreation
- Craving some college football action? The Stony Brook Seawolves take on Charleston Southern on Saturday at 6 p.m. at LaValle Stadium.
- It's movie night at Minnesauke Elementary and Mount Elementary. Starting at 7 p.m., a showing of The Muppets will screen at Minnesauke and a showing of Gnomeo & Juliet will screen at Mount.
- Stony Brook Community Church's annual Apple Festival is set for Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Take the kids to Benner's Farm for hayrides, pumpkin picking, and other fall fun. On Saturday morning at 10 a.m., Benner's Farm is hosting a kids' scarecrow activity, and on Sunday, there will be a special musical guest.