With the brunt of the blizzard behind us, weekends are once again jam-packed with activities – both indoor and outdoor activities for a wide range of audiences. Take your pick!
- For Minnesauke Elementary families, Friday night is movie night. Hotel Transylvania will show at 7 p.m. ($2 admission).
- It's also movie night at Emma S. Clark Memorial Library, which will show Peter Pan at 6 p.m. (free).
- Saturday is Maple Sugaring Day at Benner's Farm ($7 admission). Click here for more details.
- A special workshop on "Getting Ready to Babysit" is for teens in grades 7 through 12 at Emma S. Clark Memorial Library at 9:30 a.m.
- Two sessions of "Discover Origami" begin at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. at the library for kids ages 8 through 12.
Fine Arts & Exhibits
- "A Celebration of Color" is on display at Gallery North. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- On Sunday at 5 p.m., Gallery North will host an "ArTalk" in which four artists from the current show "A Celebration of Color" will be on hand to talk about "their inspirations, their personal techniques, their mediums, and their careers."
Live Music & Entertainment
- On Friday night at the Staller Center, catch the Stony Brook Music Department's production of the opera Hansel and Gretel (tickets $5-$10) at 8 p.m.
- On Saturday night at the Staller Center, the show Raisin' Cane will raise the roof starting at 8 p.m. (tickets $34).
- On Sunday at 2 p.m., Le Petit Salon de Musique at UUFSB presents Fire & Folly, which will present a program of unusual classical musical combinations called "Mixed Marriages."
- At West Meadow Beach, several free events will take place Saturday: a birding walk at 9 a.m. for adults; a family-friendly nature walk at 1 p.m.; and a family-friendly full moon hike at 5:30 p.m. Call 631-751-7863 to register.