Here's a rundown of selected events happening this weekend in Stony Brook and the Setaukets. Does your organization have an event to add to our calendar? Log in and click here to get started.
Recreation & Culture
- Benner's Farm is kicking off its spring season with a gardening workshop: "Seed Planting for Early Spring" ($35).
- "A Celebration of Color" is on display at Gallery North.
- A pencil drawing workshop with artist Laura Westlake will take place at Gallery North this weekend ($180). Only basic drawing skills required.
- The re-opens this weekend with new exhibits and a renovated Carriage House.
- Writers from Ward Melville's Cinnabar literary journal will present their poetry and prose at Emma S. Clark Memorial Library's Euterpe poetry group on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- On Sunday at 3 p.m., a program of Baroque vocal and instrumental music will be presented at the Staller Center.
- The annual TVTA Dick Dawe scholarship fundraiser will be held Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at The Old Field Club ($20).
- The Ward Melville Tri-M scholarship concert is set for 8 p.m. at Ward Melville High School.
- The annual Staller Center Gala will feature acclaimed Broadway performers Brian Stokes Mitchell and Laura Benanti at 8 p.m. ($65).
Kids & Family
- The latest ArtVentures series at Gallery North is a month-long drawing workshop called "Make Your Mark." It's for kids ages 6 to 11 on Saturdays at 10 a.m. ($125) and starts March 2.
- A free family movie night will be held at 6 p.m. at Emma S. Clark Memorial Library on Friday. This week's film will be "Monsters Inc."