On tap this weekend: a longstanding tradition from Gallery North, the outdoor art show, along with a brand-new addition, Benners Farm's Fiddle and Folk Festival, and a variety of events in between.
Fine Arts & Exhibits
- Gallery North's annual is set for Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. More than 125 artists and vendors will be offering art and artisan wares; admission to the show is free. Keep an eye out for selling mums to support their scouting projects.
- Simultaneously, the Long Island Creative Vortex will host its painting event at Checkmate Inn. It will also feature a Charity Clothes Line Art Sale to benefit the Semper Fi Fund.
- The is open Saturday and Sunday for curious visitors between 12 and 4:30 p.m.
- The newest exhibit is "Long Island: America's 1950s Frontier."
- The inaugural at Benner's Farm is Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Kids & Teens
- The annual kite flying festival to raise funds for the Sunrise Fund at Stony Brook Long Island Children's Hospital.
Sports & Recreation
- Check out the weekend's at Ward Melville High School.
- The Stony Brook Seawolves will look to make it two wins in a row with a home football game against Pace at 6 p.m.
- Adults can enjoy a at West Meadow Beach at 8 a.m. Reservations required.