Coming up this week, the Setauket Fire District will hold a meeting of the Community Building Committee to help it direct the future of the Main Street fire house, which recently sustained wind damage but which fire district officials say has been in need of repair for quite some time.
Overall, here's what the week looks like:
1. A free Medicaid seminar addressing the American Taxpayer Relief Act will take place at Burner, Smith & Associates on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. (must register for the event).
2. The school board meeting originally scheduled for Feb. 12 – postponed, of course, due to the snow – will now take place this Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at the North Country Administration Center.
3. The Town of Brookhaven will hold a regular town board meeting on Tuesday at 5 p.m. at Town Hall.
4. Orientation for parents of students going into seventh grade at Gelinas and Murphy will take place at both junior high schools on Thursday at 7 p.m.
5. Help the Setauket Fire District determine the future of the Main Street fire house by attending the Community Building Committee meeting on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Fire District HQ on Hulse Road.