Dr. Susan Mackey, a chiropractor with a practice in Stony Brook, is among 15 chiropractors from across Long Island – and one of multiple doctors and organizations from Three Village – nominated in the annual Long Island Press "Best of Long Island" competition.
Mackey has an 18-year-old practice in the Stony Brook Medical Park on Nesconset Highway in building 12A. "It's a compliment that your patients believe you're the best at anything you do," she said. "It brings some recognition to your practice."
Local nominations in the health care category include:
- Adult day care – Long Island State Veterans' Home at Stony Brook University
- Botox clinic – Center For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Stony Brook
- Best Hospital – Stony Brook University Hospital
- Orthopedist – Dr. James Penna, Stony Brook, and Dr. Mitchell Steinberg, Stony Brook
- Pediatrician – Friendly Medical Group, Stony Brook
- Podiatrist – Dr. Mitchell Steinberg
- Sleep Care Center – Sleep Care Labs, Stony Brook, and Suffolk Pulmonary & Sleep Center, East Setauket
- Weight Loss Center – Long Island Nutrition, Stony Brook
- Assisted living – Jefferson's Ferry, South Setauket, and Sunrise, East Setauket
- Personal trainer – Janelle Gallo, East Setauket
- Plastic surgeon – Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, East Setauket
Click here to vote for the health care professionals of your choice.
As for Mackey, who knows some of the other chiropractors nominated in the voting round, she said she is excited to see who wins.
"I'm in good company," she said. "But whoever wins, it's good for chiropractic as well."