It's the first day of summer, and it's going to feel like it. The weather forecast, according to Weather Bug's P.J. Gelinas Junior High listing at the top of our homepage, calls for a partly sunny day in the 80s, with a 20 percent chance of rain. Still, there's a few ways to welcome the new season in Three Village.
1. It almost sounds like a J.K. Rowling book, but it's not. is a summer solstice and flower show which runs free of charge Tuesday between 2 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. at the Setauket Neighborhood House, facilitated by the Three Village Garden Club.
2. Take advantage of possibly pleasant weather to go on the in Stony Brook, offered multiple times throughout the week.
3. The Setauket Yacht Club sponsors every Tuesday night this summer. But before you pull up to the starting line, it might be a good idea to take a at the Setauket Fire Department's Main Street Firehouse.
4. Registration for a number of programs is ongoing at places like the , , and more. See individual event listings for details.
5. Coming up later on Three Village Patch: a video tour of a favorite local trail as part of our "100 Things to Do in Three Village" series.