Welcome, Friday. The Stony Brook Film Festival has been kind to us all week, yielding stories like the for a festival film and a who screened his award-winning film. It continues through Saturday, but that's not the only thing happening in town.
1. If you haven't had the chance, you can check out three separate galleries with current exhibits: The Long Island Museum's the Ward Melville Heritage Organization's and Gallery North's
2. Friday's Film Fest screenings include at 7 p.m. (sold out – standby only) and at 9:15 p.m.
3. A at Avalon Park combines relaxation with nature, starting at 10 a.m. at the barn located off of Shep Jones Lane. But if you can't make it out in the morning, there's an evening deal, too: at Mindful Turtle at 5:45 p.m.
4. You can find details of all of the above events in our event calendar – where you can post your own events, too. Just log in to Patch and click "Add an Event" to get started.
5. Coming up later on Three Village Patch: a profile of local author Sarah Beth Durst, a look at a trend affecting local community service groups, and more. Stay tuned.