Of note this weekend: some pretty high-profile local events. 's annual Joseph Reboli Wet Paint Festival, typically a summertime event, is now a springtime event. The SBU men's lacrosse team plays for a conference championship, and the annual May Day celebration at Benner's Farm will take place, too.
1. This weekend, you can see artists painting en plein air at the between Friday and Sunday. The locations: Old Setauket Historic District and Stony Brook Boat Basin. Paintings will be exhibited for auction beginning Tuesday at the gallery.
2. Go look at the moon. No, seriously – there's a family-friendly full moon hike at 8 p.m. Friday at West Meadow Beach (reservations required; info ).
3. On Saturday, watch the Stony Brook Seawolves men's lacrosse team in their fourth straight , set for 3 p.m. at LaValle Stadium.
4. The next in the "Not Just For Kids" series at the Staller Center is The Magic of Lyn, the famous female illusionist. Showtime is 4 p.m.; tickets are $15.
5. Sunday is the 23rd annual at Benner's Farm in East Setauket. Adult admission is $6 per adult and $5 for seniors and children under $12.