There's plenty to do in and around town on any given weekend, but here are a few local events that caught our attention. For more ideas, check out our events calendar.
1. Parents, sign up for "Time for Baby" at on Friday. A 9:45 a.m. session is for families with babies who are "on the move," with songs and dancing. The 11 a.m. session is for families whose little ones aren't walking yet, with songs and rhymes.
2. Single Three Villagers can head to Cattlemen's Steakhouse in Port Jefferson Station for a at 8:30 p.m. on Friday. Price of $38 includes appetizers and a free drink. Advance reservations required.
3. Attention shopping fanatics: is having a at 2 p.m. on Saturday, complete with raffles and other surprises.
4. Catch award-winning local songstress Marci Geller along with Vance Gilbert at the University Cafe on Sunday at 2 p.m. Learn more about Marci .
5. Bring the kids – or your grown-up friends – to the next show in the 's "Not Just for Kids" series: "Stand Up 8" is a thrilling theatrical circus. Showtime is 4 p.m.