It's going to be a busy week in Three Village, with a few events taking place with implications for the community at large as well as a number of holiday events. Check out these events and more in our calendar.
1. Vote in the fire commissioner elections. Setauket fire district residents can vote at the Nicolls Road fire house, while Stony Brook fire district residents can vote at the Stony Brook Road fire house, both on Tuesday between 2 p.m. and 9 p.m. on the Setauket board of commissioners, while current commissioner Paul Degen is running unopposed in Stony Brook.
2. Attend the school board meeting on Tuesday night. Interim superintendent Neil Lederer has said he anticipates making on the upcoming school budget season.
3. Finish your holiday shopping. The Smith Haven mall has extended hours, open until 11 p.m. starting Dec. 15, and are staying open later, too.
4. Check out the annual holiday craft fair at Ward Melville High School on Saturday, sponsored by the Ward Melville Student Government and the Boys and Girls Club of Suffolk County, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
5. Gear up for the Stony Brook Fire Department's annual Christmas parade and the Setauket Fire Department's annual Santa Run through the various neighborhoods of Three Village, both slated for Dec. 17.