This week in Three Village, here are a few things to take with you as you go about your days:
1. Head down to the Setauket Fire Department's Main Street fire house on Tuesday to participate in a blood drive sponsored by Suffolk County Legis. Kara Hahn, D-Setauket. The blood drive runs from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; walk-ins are welcome but appointments are recommended by calling 631-854-1650.
2. Bring the kids to Tempo Tuesday or Hip Hop Thursday, two days of dance and other activities for kids sponsored by the Ward Melville Heritage Organization at the Educational & Cultural Center in Stony Brook. Two sessions each day are split up for ages 5-6 and ages 7-8. Call 631-689-5888 for reservations.
3. For those in the community who are caregivers for a loved one, the Caroline Church of Brookhaven offers a "Caring for the Caregiver" support group on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:30 p.m., a non-sectarian program open to everyone in the community.
4. It's never too early to get your taxes done, but there will come a time when it's too late. Check out our directory of local financial resources to locate an accountant who can help you get the job done.
5. Check out our series of "100 Things to Do in Three Village" if you need ideas for things to do with the kids during winter break this week.