Welcome to a new week. Here are a few things to take with you as your begin your Monday:
1. Start the week off with a slice of serenity: try a class at the Bates House in Setauket for $5 at 10 a.m. on Monday. The class meets on Wednesdays, too.
2. Chabad of Stony Brook's is set for Wednesday starting at 4:30 p.m. at West Meadow Beach. Tickets are $10.
3. Members of the Stony Brook University community can add some healthy exercise to their Wednesdays with the event starting at noon at the fountain on the Academic Mall.
4. For those who have kids at , there are two important happenings this week: athletic physicals on Thursday beginning at 7:30 a.m. at the high school, and the registration deadline for students wishing to take the ACT on Sept. 8 is Friday. Call the school for more information.
5. On Friday, the Town of Brookhaven will hold blood drives at multiple locations in town, including Town Hall in Farmingville, the landfill/animal shelter site in Brookhaven hamlet, and the Parks Department location in Centereach. See PDF attached to this article for more information.