There's no shortage of big news around Three Village this week, but the same can be said of the surrounding communities. Here's a look at five stories making headlines in nearby towns.
- A man was arrested in Mount Sinai and charged with DWI when he allegedly crashed into a police car. He was wearing a t-shirt which read "I'm not an alcoholic, " at the time of the accident.
- The traffic due to road work in Port Jefferson may be . A village representative said that all major work is scheduled to be completed by Thanksgiving.
- A Riverhead man was charged after a shooting on West Main Street.
- The Long Island Economic Development Council recently recommended investing for the Ronkonkoma-MacArthur Transit Hub. The commission called the project "transformative."
- Sayville Middle School students donated candy for a good cause. A local dentist offered $1 per pound to benefit research at the Chondroma Foundation, while the candy was sent to American soldiers.