Whether you're just getting back from college for the holidays or you are finally taking some time off and can catch up with old friends, there are plenty of options for places to grab a drink in and around Three Village. Here are some popular locations to enjoy a drink and kick back with friends in the area:
- in Stony Brook recently launched a wine bar for you and your friends to try. If you would rather stick with beer, they offer an array of beers including Blue Point Seasonal and Lessings Local Ale.
- in East Setauket has a happy hour with half price drinks and appetizers from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.
- Enjoy a more relaxed bar atmosphere at in East Setauket, with drink deals every Thursday and Sunday, as well as trivia every Tuesday night at 8 p.m.
- Local spots like and are also staples of the Three Village nightlife scene.
- John Harvard’s Brew House in Lake Grove fills up quickly on Friday and Saturday nights, but is worth the wait with its famous selection of freshly brewed beers. Happy hours is Monday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. From 10 p.m. to close, all pints are $3, bottles of wine are half price, and appetizers are half off.
- offers a selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks to go with flat screen TVs and a tapas menu if you want some food to go with your drinks.
- If you are looking for a night out on the cheap, stop by Port Jefferson’s own for dollar burgers and cheap beer.
- in Port Jefferson: half price bottle and tap beer, as well as half price appetizers during their happy hour from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- For a daytime meet up, head to in Stony Brook to catch up with your friends over a cup of coffee or tea.