From Scrooge to Barnaby, from classics to originals, you'll be able to see a variety of musical and theatrical events in and around the Three Village area this holiday season. Here are a 10 places to catch a show.
1. Catch a holiday concert at the Staller Center, where the Seiskaya Ballet will perform its annual Nutcracker Ballet between Dec. 14 and Dec. 17. Visit the center's calendar for times and tickets.
2. Mount Elementary's annual winter concert will take place Dec. 17 at 7:30 p.m.
3. Arrowhead Elementary's annual winter concert will take place Dec. 18 at 7:30 p.m.
4. Instead of watching the Peanuts classic on TV, see "A Charlie Brown Christmas" performed live by the Ward Melville High School Players on Dec. 21 at 6 p.m. in the LGI theater.
5. The classic story "A Christmas Carol" comes to life at Port Jefferson's Theater Three through Dec. 29. The theater also offers a children's holiday production, "Barnaby Saves Christmas," on select dates through Dec. 29.
6. At the Smithtown Center for the Performing Arts, see "The Winter Wonderettes" through Dec. 23.
7. Head to the Stony Brook Village Center for a performance of "Home for the Holidays with Patti Page."
8. Celebrate Hanukkah at North Shore Jewish Center's Maccabeats in concert on Dec. 16.
9. Head to the Wang Center on Dec. 16 at 11 a.m. for Shine Dance Studio's annual holiday show.
10. Head to the University Café on Dec. 16 at 2 p.m. for Winterbloom in concert.