Need help figuring out what to eat for lunch? Three Village Patch took an informal survey of local eateries to find out what some of the most popular lunches are in town. Do you have a favorite lunch at a local restaurant? Log in to Patch and share your favorite as a comment below.
1. The "Christopher Thomas" sandwich at ($9.50) consists of homemade pulled pork on a sweet potato roll accompanied by sweet potato fries. It's one sweet meal, according to restaurant owner Scott Koppelman.
2. Another popular option at Jake Starr is the "Brielle," a wrap consisting of honey almond chicken salad with toasted almonds and lettuce ($9.50).
3. At , the staff reports the most popular lunch item is the Capri panini ($8). It's made with chicken, fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, lettuce, and balsamic vinegar and oil, and even comes with a choice of soup or salad.
4. As the weather gets cooler, the food options get warmer. At , a fall and winter favorite is the chili ($6.95), according to owner Loretta Vertucci.
5. The Robinson's House Salad ($9.95), full of baby lettuces, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, feta cheese and Robinson's house dressing, is also a popular lunch. Pair it with one of the tea room's best-loved teas, including the Yorkshire gold, coconut cream, vanilla caramel, or pumpkin tea ($3.75–$6).
6. At cafe, the No. 13 is apparently No. 1, according to the staff. It's a grilled chicken panini with roasted red peppers, tomato, and mozzarella. It will set you back $9.95, but it comes with a side salad too.
7. It almost goes without saying that the Boone and the Gasm sandwiches are two of the top choices at . They'll set you back $9.50 apiece, but they're big enough to share.
8. One particular soup-and-sandwich combination is tops at , according to the staff. A small cup of Southwest chicken and corn chowder ($5.69) paired with a grilled cheese sandwich ($2.49) is the most popular lunch lately.
9. The "Jack and Mac" ($8.95) – consisting of a burger topped with Monterey Jack cheese, a Jack Daniels sauce, onion rings, lettuce and tomato, which comes with a side of macaroni and cheese instead of fries – is one of the most frequently requested lunch items at .
10. Half-size salads, like the "Setauket Spring Salad," are in demand at . They range in price from $6.95 to $12.95. "People are more and more health conscious," said owner Constantinos Drepaniotis.