As Three Village recovers from Hurricane Sandy's destruction, stores are opening their doors a few at a time.
Here is a list of several open stores in town, based on telephone conversations with associates at those businesses.
Keep a few things in mind: hours of operation may be different from usual; store phones may not be working properly; and some businesses can only accept cash because credit card machines aren't working properly.
And if we have missed a few, don't be alarmed: we'll update this list multiple times daily, and don't feel shy about adding a comment if you know we've left someplace off the list.
- Little Joe's III
- Via Pizza
- Setauket Pastaria
- O Sole Mio
- Home Depot
- Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse
- Chung How Chinese Restaurant
- Lan Wo Chinese Restaurant
- Domo Sushi
- 50% Off Cards in East Setauket
- Bagel Express
- Waldbaum's in East Setauket
- Waldbaum's in Stony Brook
- Stop & Shop in South Setauket
- AMC Loews Stony Brook Theaters
- Many (not all) shops & restaurants at Smith Haven Mall
- Stony Brook Beverage (they have ice)
- Kumo (reservations required)
- Cabo Fresh
- Se-Port Deli
- Carriage House Chiropractic and Acupuncture
- Samantha Drew Interiors