It's OK to admit your love affair. With classic and antique cars, that is.
is the newest exhibit at the Ward Melville Heritage Organization's Educational and Cultural Center. It opened Sunday and will run through Nov. 3, featuring free car showcases, "hot car topics" forums that are free with the price of regular admission, and a children's wooden car craft activity.
Among the scheduled events:
- July 28: Showcase featuring Long Island Jaguar, MG, Triumph and Mini Clubs
- July 29: "Creating a Model, Think Small" forum with expert Marshall Buck. Free with admission.
- July 29: Children's activity – wooden car craft for ages 3 and up
- Aug. 5: "Long Island Motor Parkway, 1908-2012" forum with expert Bruce Adams
- Aug. 12: "Progress in Engine Technology, Vintage Cars to 21st Century" forum with expert Mark Wehrman
- Aug. 18: Thunderbird Club showcase
- Aug. 19: Model A Club showcase
- Aug. 19: "Classic Cars" with expert Steve Linden
- Aug. 26: Mustang Shelby Club of Long Island showcase
Regular adult admission is $4; children under 12, $2. Exhibits are open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day.