With fall in full swing here are some ways to celebrate the season, along with a selection of other unique events happening around town.
- Check out the Harvest Festival at Arrowhead Elementary starting at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
- Benner's Farm will host its annual Fall Harvest Festival, featuring music, food, haunted hayrides and more, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Sycamore Circle of Friends is having its annual fall festival on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is $6 and includes activities like face painting, pumpkin decorating, raffles, a bouncy slide, and more.
Live Music & Entertainment
- Friday night is movie night at Staller Center. Catch a showing of Moonrise Kingdom at 7 p.m. or a showing of Polisse at 9 p.m.
- Friday night is Greg Galluccio's Music Extravaganza at Grounds & Sounds Coffeehouse at UUFSB, featuring the sounds of Rock, Funk, Soul, Gospel, Folk, and Jazz. Show time is 8 p.m. and tickets are $12.50.
- The finals of the WMHO's "Long Island's Got Talent" competition are Friday night at 6:30 p.m. at the Educational and Cultural Center. Tickets are $10 and reservations are required. Call 631-689-5888 for information.
Fine Arts & Exhibits
- Check out "Journey of an Artist: Joseph Reboli" at the Ward Melville Heritage Organization's Educational & Cultural Center.
- "Beyond the Horizon: The Landscapes of Terence Netter" is on display at Gallery North.
- "America's 1950s Frontier" is showing at The Long Island Museum of Art, History and Carriages.
- The annual Walk for Beauty will be held on Sunday starting at the Stony Brook Village Center, with registration set for 8:30 a.m. and the kickoff set for 9:30 a.m.
Sports & Recreation
- Bay Shore visits Ward Melville in varsity football action at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
- Enjoy a two-hour birding walk at West Meadow Beach for adults. The search will be on for species such as yellow-rumped and palm warblers, dark-eyed juncos, kinglets, finches, white-throated sparrows, black-capped chickadees, and winter waterfowl. The walk is set for 7:30 a.m. at West Meadow Beach. Reservations are required by emailing beach ranger Eileen Gerle.