This weekend is packed with events, including live music, holiday events, arts events, and more. Which will you attend?
- Grounds & Sounds starts at 8 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship at Stony Brook, featuring Katie Pearlman, a country-folk-rock-blues singer-songwriter. Tickets are $12.50. The evening kicks off with an open mic night (signup starts at 7:30).
- The Long Island Symphonic Choral Association concert is set for Saturday at 8 p.m. at St. James RC Church.
- Winterbloom will perform at the University Café on Sunday at 2 p.m., a combination of traditional holiday songs and original music. Tickets are $22.
Community & Charitable Events
- The annual Boys & Girls Club craft fair and flea market, now in its 24th year, will be held Saturday at Ward Melville High School from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Elite Laser Hair Removal in Stony Brook will host its "99 Shades of Red" fundraiser for the American Heart Association's "Go Red For Women Long Island" cause.
- The Setauket Fire Department's annual Santa Run is coming to a neighborhood near you on Saturday.
- On Sunday, Shine Dance Studios will host its annual Holiday Show, with a theme of at the Wang Center at Stony Brook University at 11 a.m. (tickets are $16).
- The Long Island Museum will host a led by members of the North Suffolk Garden Club, at 2 p.m. on Sunday.
Kids & Teens
- Lego Club at the Emma S. Clark Memorial Library is set for 6:30 p.m. Friday for kids ages 5 through 10.
- Check out The Revolution's weekly video game tournament starting at 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Fine Arts & Exhibits
- Gallery North will host a "potluck style beading" workshop on Saturday at 1 p.m.
- The Long Island Museum's current display, will run through the end of December.
- Temple Isaiah will host a live broadcast of a moderated discussion on " at 8 p.m. on Sunday facilitated by the 92nd Street Y in New York City.