From Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, there's enough stuff happening in the Three Village community to keep you really busy. For even more ideas, check out our events calendar.
Sports & Recreation
- It's Homecoming time at Ward Melville High School. Festivities start Friday night with a bonfire and community pep rally (7 p.m.), and continue into the Homecoming carnival (12 p.m.) and game (2 p.m.) on Saturday.
- Saturday is the "CommUUnity Tag Sale" at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship at Stony Brook from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday is alo the "Drug Takeback" program at the Setauket Fire Department's Main Street firehouse from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bring your kids to the Three Village Baseball & Softball League tryouts on Sunday at Percy Raynor Park. Times vary; check the schedule for details.
Fun for Grownups
- There is a birding walk at 9 a.m. at West Meadow Beach (reservations required).
- There is also a seasonal nature walk at 1 p.m. at West Meadow Beach.
- Check out a workshop on how to make your own pickles at Benner's Farm at 10 a.m. ($35).
- The Clean House continues its run with performances on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Fine Arts & Exhibits
- Saturday is Smithsonian Museum Day at the Long Island Museum in Stony Brook. Admission is free; the museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A new exhibit on Joseph Reboli opens Sunday at the Ward Melville Heritage Organization's Educational & Cultural Center.
- If the Velvet Lounge is your kind of scene, check out the band Playing Dead on Friday at 10 p.m. and the band Secondhand Smoke on Saturday at 10 p.m.