The holiday season is in full swing across Three Village, where you'll be able to catch the high school musical, college chamber orchestra, a poetry workshop, a watercolor workshop, and more this weekend. Hit up our event calendar for even more ideas.
Arts & Entertainment
- Ward Melville High School's production of "Into the Woods" has two remaining show times: Friday and Saturday night, both at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 each or $15 for children, students, and seniors. Check out our behind-the-scenes video here.
- Check out a poetry workshop for adults, given by Nassau's poet laureate Linda Opyr, at 7 p.m. at Emma S. Clark Memorial Library on Friday.
- "Long Island: America's 1950s Frontier" is an exhibit on display until Dec. 30 at the Long Island Museum in Stony Brook.
- UUFSB's holiday craft fair is set for Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Jennifer DiRubbio will give a holiday watercolor class at Gallery North on Saturday at 10 a.m., an event designed for adults of all skill levels.
- Have "Brunch with Santa" at Mirabelle on Sunday morning from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Adults $32.95, children ten and under half price. Reservations required.
- Take your pet for a photo with Santa at Castaways in Port Jefferson to benefit Save-a-Pet. Details here.
- The annual Electric Light Holiday Parade is set for Sunday evening at 5 p.m. down Main St. in East Setauket.
- Take in a chamber music concert given by Stony Brook University's graduate chamber music program. Show time is 8 p.m. Friday at the Staller Center.
- Join the 5K Holiday Fun Run at 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning at Stony Brook Community Church to benefit the church's outreach programs.
- Take part in a tennis fundraiser event at World Gym Setauket to benefit a family whose home was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy.
- On Sunday at 1 p.m. at Music & Arts in Stony Brook, check out student performances to benefit the Hurricane Sandy relief fund through Red Cross.
Kids & Teens
- Check out The Revolution's weekly video game tournament on Saturday at 7 p.m. Cost is $10 per person to participate.