If you're a film lover, chances are you're already aware that the is currently in progress. But if it's not for you, there are plenty of other options you can turn to for a good time this weekend.
1. Eleven-year-old Emily Cabrera's original play makes its world premiere on Friday at , with performances on Friday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
2. If you haven't checked out , Three Village's newest nightlife spot, you might want to try it this weekend. Different specials every night; the bar is typically open until 4 a.m. Stay tuned to Patch for a more detailed story about Last Call.
3. Check out the latest exhibit at the Long Island Museum of Art, History and Carriages in Stony Brook: including artifacts, photographs, and video histories. The museum is open Thursday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
4. Eddie Ayala performs an acoustic set at on Saturday starting at 8:30 p.m.
5. For the kids, Book Buddies is a program for children ages 5 to 7 at at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, in which kids will practice reading skills with a teen volunteer.