This Thanksgiving, there are many Long Islanders who have been displaced by Hurricane Sandy, or who are homeless or otherwise in need. For those less fortunate on the north shore, here are some places you can go for a hot meal between Thursday and Sunday.
1. The Knights of Columbus in Central Islip, located at 62 Carlton Ave in Central Islip, will be serving a Thanksgiving Day meal from 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
2. Thanksgiving dinner will be served at Calvary Chapel Island of Grace on Railroad Avenue in Holbrook. The meal is at noon.
3.The Invited INN at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, located on Route 25A in Rocky Point, will host a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday at 1 p.m.
4. For those willing to travel, St. John's Evangel Lutheran Church in Lindenhurst will be serving a Thanksgiving dinner at 1 p.m. Thursday.
5. The Welcome INN at the First Presbyterian Church in Port Jefferson will host a Thanksgiving dinner on Friday at 5:45 p.m.
6. St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Port Jefferson will host a Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday at 1 p.m.
7. While it's not specifically Thanksgiving-themed, St. James RC Church, located on Route 25A in East Setauket, holds a weekly dinner for those less fortunate on Sundays at 3 p.m.