On Thursday in Stony Brook, you'll find a pair of sophisticated goings-on: a museum deal and a high-tea luncheon featuring a show. Perhaps a little less refined, there's also a nearby Cinco de Mayo party as well and more to consider in our events calendar.
1. It's like stealing from the Smithsonian. Check out this local Groupon deal which offers 50 percent off a family membership at the , a nationally accredited Smithsonian affiliate. For $30, your family can check out all the art, history and carriages you can handle for a year.
2. Mulcahy's in nearby Centereach is having a Cinco de Mayo bash, where its "Beach Bar VIP Cards" will be available for the first time this year. Drink specials, of course, include margaritas. Read more at the club's website.
3. Hollywood legend Ginger Rogers will be celebrated at a , which runs Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays and includes a high tea luncheon. Advance registration and ticket purchase required for the show, which kicks off Thursday and runs through June 22.
4. Thursday's lineup at the includes a few healthy options for the mind and body: yoga classes at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., aerobic dancing at 4 p.m. and aerobics at 5:30 p.m. Grab your towel and get your fitness on.
5. Coming up later on Three Village Patch: a "where are they now" rundown of some talented local high school athletes of years' past and a new profile in our series of video interviews with school board candidates.