Wednesdays from here on out are designated as Momsday in Patchland. There will still be plenty of news to go around, but on Wednesdays, we'll turn the microphone over to our new Moms Council. Stay tuned.
1. Three Village's newest forum for parents to connect is Moms Talk, which will make its debut at 1 p.m. right here on Three Village Patch. (Dads and grandparents are welcome, too!) It's part of a new lineup of family-focused features you'll see here on Wednesdays, so keep checking back during the day for more fun updates.
2. We hear actor/comedian Aziz Ansari is performing today at Stony Brook University. We also hear the show has been sold out since before its original date last week, which was postponed due to weather-related concerns. If you aren't one of the lucky ones with a ticket, there's always in Port Jefferson. Chances are you'll find at least a little bit of comedy over there.
3. Learn how to forever – digitally. A 6:30 p.m. seminar at the Emma S. Clark Memorial Library is all about memory preservation. Call the library at 631-941-4080 for program availability.
4. The Stony Brook women's basketball team enters tonight's game with a 4-18 overall record. The Seawolves will try to grab a second win for interim head coach Evelyn Thompson as they at 7 p.m.
5. If you've got an opinion on a local topic of interest, you can always share your thoughts by writing a letter to the editor. Letters may be up to 500 words in length and can be submitted via e-mail for consideration.