As you prepare for Hurricane Irene, why not print this list of important numbers out?
Stay up to date on all the latest , and on the town's website.
Everyone is reminded to call 911 for any emergencies.
- Suffolk County Police (non-emergency line): 631-852-2677
- Suffolk Police 6th Precinct: 631-854-8600
- Senior Jitney: 631-451-6122
- Senior Services: 631-451-9191
- Animal Shelter: 631-286-4940
- American Red Cross of Suffolk County: 631-924-6700
- Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management: 631-852-4900
- NYS Insurance Department: 1-800-342-3736
- Brookhaven Office of Emergency Management:(631) 451-6161
- Long Island Power Authority: 1-800-490-0075 (to report downed power lines or electrical emergency)
- National Grid: 1-800-490-0045 (emergency gas safety service)
- Suffolk County Water Authority (24-Hour Repairs): 631-665-0663
- Water Authority (regular): 631-698-9500
- Cablevision: 631-727-6300
- Long Island Rail Road: 718-217-5477
- Suffolk County Transit (Bus): 631-852-5200
- Brookhaven Highway: 631-451-9200
- Suffolk County Health Services: 631-853-3000
- John T. Mather Memorial Hospital: 631-473-2837
- SBU Medical Center: 631-444-4000