For many, New Year's Day is a new chance to start something fresh and new. Have you considered taking up a new hobby? Here are 12 places in Three Village you can try if you're looking to expand your horizons.
- Take sewing lessons at Beyond the Thimble in East Setauket.
- Learn how to crochet or knit at Rumpelstiltskin Yarns in Stony Brook.
- DCB Hobbies in East Setauket has a variety of items for the model railroad enthusiast.
- Watercolors, acrylics, pencils – there's an art class for you at Gallery North.
- Learn ceramics at Stony Brook University's open craft studio. See PDF attached to this article.
- Now that Michaels Arts & Crafts in Stony Brook has opened, you can take up virtually any craft as a hobby.
- Could music be in your future? Three Village Music Shoppe, Stony Brook School of Music, and Music & Arts are all places you can learn to play an instrument.
- If dancing is your dream, check out Shine Dance Studio, Chance to Dance, or Spotlight Dance Academy.