There's a certain saying about house guests and fish, but this holiday season, get around that by forwarding this local lodging guide to the friends and family members heading to town this year.
1. Guests at the in Stony Brook stay in style. The historic inn and spa offers a variety of amenities along with good eats at .
2. Also in Stony Brook, the is another option with lots of creature comforts and nearby shopping. Plus, guests can browse local artists' work in the lobby.
3. Long Island's north shore boasts a number of quaint bed-and-breakfasts, including in East Setauket.
4. In nearby Smithtown, the features a bar/restaurant in addition to its lodging offerings.
5. Travelers on a budget might consider in Smithtown, an AAA-approved hotel that offers continental breakfast, high speed internet and free newspapers to its guests.
6. Holiday travelers with business to conduct might consider the is a seven-story, 134-room facility with a bar/restaurant, meeting rooms, and charter and laundry services.
7. The in Ronkonkoma offers lots of amenities, too, including a computer lounge, recreational facilities, a bar/restaurant
8. In nearby Port Jefferson, the is located a short distance from downtown and offers free wifi.
9. Another bed and breakfast option is the in Port Jefferson, which is known for stylish decor like antique furnishings, chandeliers and hardwood floors.
10. Don't forget , the swank hotel and spa in downtown Port Jefferson. The 86-room waterfront hotel also offers 75 boat slips in the marina.