With holiday shopping in full effect it's easy to get overloaded wondering what to buy. This year, take a look at some local shops that can help you check off the shoe-lovers on your list. The town and surrounding areas offer plenty of places to get your kicks, be it fancy footwear, sports shoes, comfortable soles or the pair that will make your grand entrance into those holiday parties.
1. DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse: The place to get that special shoe at a great price for the fashionista in your life. DSW offers a huge selection of designer shoes for men and women. Whether you are looking for sexy shoes for her or rugged ones for him, the choice is yours. 3190 Middle Country Road, Lake Grove.
2. Lenny's Shoe Repair: Not sure what to get that hard-to-buy for friend or relative? How about gifting them with their favorite pair of shoes that has seen better days, but they just can't part with? At Lenny's they can repair those lackluster shoes in the back of the closet. Bring in any leather item - purses, luggage, coats, they can fix it. Plus, there is a selection of shoes to purchase as well. 1512 Main Street, Port Jefferson.
3. Aldo: Boot season is here and Aldo has a wide variety. From slouchy suede to combat boots, there's sure to be a style to suit someone on your nice list. Located in Smith Haven Mall.
4. Journeys: For the skating teen or the person who still loves wear Chucks. Journey's has the collection of shoes for the young (or young at heart) who like to express themselves from head to toe. Offering brands like DC, Adidas and even Doc Martens there's something fun here for the girls and guys to run around in. Located in Smith Haven Mall.
5. Bakers: Dress boots, ankle boots, over-the-knee boots, they have it all. A classic pump or a spiky heel, there are plenty of designs to make that certain someone happy. Located in Smith Haven Mall.
6. : Who says a great pair of footwear has to cost an arm and a leg? With many people shopping on a budget this year, Payless has the answer. An array of great shoes for children and adults at knock-out prices.
7. : Got a runner on your to-buy-for list? Try Schwab's. Specializing in shoes for the athletic person they have an assortment of running and track and field goodies for sporty tootsies.
8. Long Island Comfort Shoes: Not everyone can squeeze their feet into the latest trends. For those who need specialty shoes to aid them with any foot problems this is the place to go. Not only do they supply custom fitted shoes and diabetic footwear, they also have name brands such as Dansko. Located at 403 E Main St # 1, Port Jefferson (631) 476-9717 .
9.: Is trekking through the mall not high on your list this year? Stop off at Kohls for your one-stop shoe shopping. Not only does Khols offer a selection of great shoes at fair prices for the whole family and plenty of other gifts to choose from, but you can avoid those long lines.
10. : Located on Nesconset Highway, Jodi Shoes offer a little bit of everything. A pump to match that party dress for evening or something more casual for an afternoon brunch, she has your feet covered.