A windy Nor'Easter will creep into the area today, with rain starting around 11 a.m. A coastal flood advisory is in effect for northwest Suffolk, and tides are expected to be up to one and a half feet higher than normal. Temperatures will likely top off at 61 degrees.
Route 347 and Route 111 construction further west continues to slow down the flow of traffic, which is only going to get worse as the project inches towards the area. The DOT's new travel time signs will let you know what to expect. Check out the traffic map above for up-to-date info.
- TedX at Stony Brook University, Session 1 - 9:15 a.m. to 2 p.m., Session 2 - 2:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Charles Wang Center, Stony Brook University.
- Suffolk County Community College Fashion Show and Dinner, Hyatt Regency Long Island, Hauppauge, 6 p.m. Tickets cost $45.
- DSLR Camera Workshop, Emma S. Clark Library, 7 p.m.
- Stand-up Comedy Night, Velvet Lounge, Stony Brook, 8:30 p.m.
Hurricane Sandy disrupted many lives in the Three Village area, where in pockets power was cut for more than a week. Ahead of the first anniversary we're trying to compile the personal stories from community members about what the storm dealt them, and how they recovered. Will you share?
- Boys Volleyball hosts Lindenhurst, 4:15 p.m.
- Boys Golf hosts Longwood, 4 p.m.
- Field Hockey at Patchogue-Medford, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls Swimming at Brentwood, 4:15 p.m.
Yesterday's big story came with the arrest of Brett Knight, the man feds believe murdered Ross Reisner on Sept. 24 in his Setauket home.
Starbuck is giving away free coffee.
And a Ward Melville grad will coach the St. Joseph's College swim team.
9 Ways You Can Share Thursday
- Post Your Weekend Yard Sale
- Share Photos of the Community
- Tell Us Where Your Last Great Meal Was
- Chat With Parents About Raising a Family in Three Village
- Share Photos, Kudos or Observations of Three Village Sports
- Wish Someone in Town Happy Birthday
- Chat About School District Issues
- Hold Your Local Government Accountable
- Got Road Rage? Talk About the Infrastructure